[Two year development continuing production and performance Summer of 2019]
Composed in the heart of the Sawtooth Mountain Range, located more than 4,125 m in altitude, this multi-movement work traverses through various landscapes that depict several Wild Flowers. Ranging from humid marshes to extreme tundra winds these Wild Flowers were documented and processed to give listeners a journey of delicacy and wonder. The instrumentation includes harmonica and strong use of field recordings as to accurately depict the untouched landscape while the electronic elements are creative tools of perception.
Visuals were created by Elliot Jensen and Samaquias Lorta.
1. Sego Lily - Cello & Field Recordings
2. Rydberg’s Penstemon - Vocoder Harmonica
3. Tweedy’s Snowflower - Seaboard Ambient Synth
4. Rocky Mountain Aster - Minimalist Cello
5. Alpine Silverleaf Phacelia - Field Recordings & Hand Percussion
6. Prairie Smoke - Techno
7. Scarlet Paintbrush - Choreography
8. Western Columbine - Electronic Drums
9. Heartleaf Arnica - Field Recordings